Costumes & Props
These rules are for costumes worn around the convention. If at any time you aren't sure if your costume or prop is acceptable, don't hesitate to ask our staff!
A costume or prop is unacceptable if it does any of the following:
- Fails to comply with Federal, State, or Local Laws
- Leaves your feet bare
- Has vulgar remarks or hate speech of any kind, in any language
- Has dangerous protrusions such as spikes or sharp edges
- Extends more than 6 inches from your body in any direction
- A prop that is longer than your height. Props that are too long may be carried in separate pieces, and re-assembled for photographs
- Has a tightly strung bow-string
- Has a laser pointer or similar capability
- Anything "live-steel". Live-steel is defined as an object crafted from metal that has a point or blade-like edge whether blunt or sharp. Live-steel items purchased at vendors must be kept in a box while in convention space.
- Gun-like props without orange tips are strictly prohibited. This includes airsoft, toys, replicas, home-made, etc. Gun-like props must have their firing mechanisms disabled and nothing loaded.
- REAL GUNS ARE ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED. IF YOU ARE FOUND ON SITE WITH A REAL FIREARM YOU WILL BE TURNED OVER TO THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY.
- Any prop being used or handled in an unsafe manner
- Any prop determined by convention staff to be unsafe for any reason
HANDLING OF UNACCEPTABLE COSTUMES OR PROPS:
- You will first be asked to take the problem prop or costume back to your room or off convention premises
- In the event you refuse compliance regarding your prop, your prop will be confiscated. You will be allowed a window of time to pickup your prop at the end of the weekend determined by the convention staff. If you do not pick up your prop during this predetermined time, you forfeit your prop entirely and it will be disposed of by convention staff
- If you refuse compliance regarding your costume, you will be ejected from the Anime Magic! convention for the rest of the weekend. No refunds or exceptions shall be made.
The department head of Security + Response Teams will have final say on the acceptability of any costume or prop